It is hard to imagine a family night, a party, or a friends’ get-together without popcorn.
This tasty, low-calorie snack is everyone’s favorite, whether you prefer it salty, spicy, sweet, or savory. So, why not include gourmet popcorn for your wedding?
In recent years, popcorn for weddings has become increasingly popular among couples who want to offer something original and lovely to their guests.
On top of its great taste, popcorn is a whole grain food containing numerous essential nutrients beneficial for our health, such as fiber, vitamin B, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, etc. In addition, it has no cholesterol and is low in sugar and fat.
Also, you can find gourmet popcorn in a variety of flavors and colors, fitting every taste, season, occasion, or wedding theme.
Creatively displayed on the dessert table at your wedding reception, the popcorn bar can add a hint of nostalgia, romance, and exclusivity.
You can easily integrate gourmet popcorn to fit every wedding theme and venue, making your wedding sweet offer extra special.
What Do You Put on Popcorn at a Wedding?
Gourmet popcorn comes in a great selection of tastes and colors. The list of spices, seasonings, and toppings you can put on popcorn at a wedding is nearly endless. However, here are some ideas:
- The classics: salt/salt & butter/butter
- Caramel apple
- Cinnamon sugar
- Melted white or dark chocolate
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut
- Cookies & cream
- Maple bacon
- Sweet cherry syrup
- Peanut butter
Whether you prefer the classics or you decide to baldly go with nontraditional popcorn toppings, the popcorn barn will make your wedding dessert table extra special.
How Much Popcorn Do I Need for 100 Guests?
A popcorn bar at a wedding is a great way to dazzle your guests and treat them to something different. Since the popcorn bar at weddings comes additionally to cake, sweets, and other food, you will not need so much of it. To create a popcorn bar designed to serve 100 guests, you will probably need 2 cups or small boxes of popcorn per adult guest.
So, the amount of popcorn you will need for 100 guests is around 200 cups of popcorn boxes of a small size.
For example, you can order four 4-gallon bulk bags of differently flavored popcorn. Then, divide them into custom-made boxes, bags, or cups to serve on dessert tables, hand them out as favors at your wedding, or use them as welcome gifts at your reception.
How Do You Display Popcorn at Wedding?
Food is an important part of every wedding. Dessert tables are a perfect place to display popcorn at a wedding and add a touch of fun and creativity to your wedding food selection.
There are many creative and original ways to display popcorn at a wedding. The popcorn bars for weddings are trendy these days, so it is pretty easy to find inspiration and ideas for your big day.
The popcorn bars are an excellent snack choice for every wedding, regardless of their theme and venue.
Here are some ideas on how to display popcorn at your wedding:
- Use decorated popcorn boxes and place them at the center of your dessert table to enhance your food display
- Create a themed popcorn bar in line with your wedding theme
- Use popcorn boxes or bags as treats to hand out to your guests
- Use bushel baskets or burlap popcorn bags at a rustic wedding reception
- Display differently colored popcorn in glass jars or vases
- Rent a popcorn maker and have someone make fresh popcorn for your guests
- Use chalkboard signs to label the popcorn flavors
- Decorate your popcorn bar with flowers or wedding themed props
How Much Popcorn to Order for a Wedding?
The amount of popcorn to order for a wedding depends on the number of guests you plan to have at your reception.
In general, you should plan one to two cups of gourmet popcorn per person. So, for example, if you have 200 guests, you should order up to 400 popcorn cups, bags, or boxes.
Keep in mind that one gallon of pre-popped popcorn typically contains about 16 cups of popcorn. However, one pound of un-popped popcorn kernels will make roughly 60 cups of popped popcorn.
How Do You Serve Popcorn to Guests?
There are many creative and original ways to serve popcorn to guests at your wedding and make it a bit more special.
Here are a few ideas.
- Provide containers to fill popcorn: Ensure to have pretty containers, boxes, bags, buckets, or cups for your guests to put their popcorn servings in. You can buy containers in stores or online or decorate some popcorn boxes on your own!
- Label popcorn flavors: You don’t want your guests to have guessed what flavors of popcorn they are selecting. So, label each container or box in your popcorn bar with the responding flavor. You can use simple, handwritten labels, elegantly printed labels, or chalkboard popcorn labels to mark each flavor.
- Consider scoops: If you will serve popcorn in bags or baskets, make sure to provide scoops for each container or flavor so your guests can conveniently help themselves.
- Protect your popcorn: If your wedding reception takes place outside or in a humid environment, make sure to keep your popcorn covered as much as possible.
How Do You Set Up a Popcorn Bar for a Wedding?
To set the perfect popcorn bar for a wedding, pick a theme or style that matches your wedding theme and style. For example, if you decide to go for a rustic wedding theme, choose a rustic popcorn bar. Or, if you are planning a vintage wedding, match it with your vintage popcorn bar and so on.
Choose whatever inspires you and your partner, and simply have fun! Here are some ideas on how to set up a popcorn bar for a wedding to help you make up your mind.
- Go with a wedding theme: art deco popcorn bar, rustic popcorn bar, modern popcorn bar, garden floral popcorn bar, bohemian popcorn bar, and so on.
- Use various popcorn seasonings and toppings. Let your guests mix and match their favorite flavors!
- Use originally decorated serving boxes, containers, buckets, bags, etc.
- Label your gourmet popcorn boxes.
Be creative. The sky is the limit!